The Book Cover For My Children's Book: Not All Girls Play With Dolls

Hi everyone,

I received my book cover last week for my first children's book entitled, Not All Girls Play With Dolls. I am looking forward to seeing the pages of the book come to life. I am thrilled to be working with Harry from #AveiraStudios on my children's book. I was referred to Harry from fellow authors I have networked with at past book expos. The character created for my book resembles my childhood photos.


Of course I will share a sneak peek of the illustrations when they become available. This is my first children's book that I hope will be well received by young girls all over the world.

I decided to write about my childhood experiences that were unique in nature. My dad encouraged me to push the envelope and tap into my abilities that I didn't know I even had. My relationship with my father definitely contributed to my career choice to become an electrician. Dad strongly encouraged me to start my electrical career in the military. I was driving into the garage log trucks so my dad could service them by 14 years old. When I think about it, my dad put his job on the line having a tremendous amount of trust in my ability. He didn't think twice sending me to do something not usually done by teen girls. I had first learned how to use a firearm hitting a target when I was 7 years old.

I would get discouraged, on occasion, and lose my confidence if something didn't work out. My dad would sit me down and constantly say, "you are smart and strong. You can do anything a boy can do only better!" Of course he would point to my head then my arm muscles while saying it. It would be enough to get me back on track pushing past my previous frustration. My dad played a heavy role in who I was as a young girl and as a working woman today. I will dive into more clips of the book very soon. I will offer my back cover along with a summary of the book very soon. As always,  thanks for stopping by my blog!


Cheers!!
Leslie M Jasper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPANDED FURTHER-Advice On Picking Up Romantic Cues From A Shy Person

WORKING WITH A CHAUVENIST PIG (Chapter Clip)

Coming Soon!! My 1st Children's Book Entitled, Not All Girls Play With Dolls!