Reflections on Work, Health, and Relationship Balance!!

Hello everyone,

It appears that my last (3) projects have been NYC transit subway projects. It is a unique niche where I seem to keep going back to for some reason. Oddly enough, I don't mind it at all. It is fast paced and a challenge; I feel like I run on adrenaline and tend to skip lunch. It is my own issue since I always feel too busy or it will slow me down. I have a very strong work ethic and that is vital in an industry surrounded predominantly by men. This year, I started taking mass transit to reduce my stress. In addition, I had to give in and start taking blood pressure meds. I feel like it is something that makes the heat hard to bear. I wonder how the winter will feel?🤔🤔

It has just been my luck lately that once a project wraps up to the punchlist, I end up parting ways. Leaving one project was due to massive company wide layoffs. The second layoff was due to the job wrapping just after I created the punchlist; someone lower on the totem pole can check off completed tasks. It has been something I uniquely have taken harder than any layoff received being a journeywoman electrician for 23+ years. I know to not take it personal; it's just business. I didn't do anything "wrong", I was just at the wrong spot. I learn more and more with each opportunity. I am a team player and I allow myself to give 150% and work as a team. It just feels like a huge let down to feel like you are highly valued then discover it is not the case.

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

I am thinking about stepping outside the box and becoming a safety director or becoming a project manager outside the construction industry. I am just very comfortable in this environment so hard to leave. I have a son who is a freshman in high school so he needs insurance for another 4 years.

If given the reins, I know I can soar. I have propped up enough people in the past 6 years and they have taken credit for my work. I have learned in the process so I was agreeable to do it. I am thinking of taking the notary course then test. I also think about putting my head into the code book and getting my CT E1 license. I have to focus on exactly what I want to do. For the time being, I am job hunting and hoping (1 week out) for an amazing opportunity.

Once I feel stable financially, I will work on putting myself out there and look for a shot at love again. I walked away from someone who I intended on marrying; I almost gave up my career to be near him. My intuition told me that it will not be right. I literally packed up on our 5th anniversary. The push point was finding a luggage tag dated the day of my needed surgery. If you can't be my rock when I am going in for surgery, the future won't be much happier. There was alot of unacceptable behavior prior to that pivotal moment. I am asking God to heal me and doing nightly meditations so I can get rid of anger and pain stuck in my body. Women like me don't grow on trees. That ex will attempt to reconnect once the summer is over. I need to be mentally strong enough to stand my ground and stay away. I have learned that I attract narcissistic type of men. I intend to break the habit. At some point, I will be ready to put myself out there. Wish me luck.

I also need to make sure that I don't neglect my health and my sons in the pursuit of my career. I have not been good at it lately due to pain in my body and being drained by the weekend. It is things some understand and others do not understand. It is a very hard balance due to logistics and having to give alot of dedication to a job via a commute and long hours. I hope to seek that balance some day in life.

I am wishing all happiness, good health, and life balance, and a good weekend!!


Don't forget the book is now on #Audible now!

Thanks,
Leslie M. Jasper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPANDED FURTHER-Advice On Picking Up Romantic Cues From A Shy Person

WORKING WITH A CHAUVENIST PIG (Chapter Clip)

Coming Soon!! My 1st Children's Book Entitled, Not All Girls Play With Dolls!