Studying for the NYC DOB Site Safety Manager Exam





 hello everyone!


I have not written to you all in awhile; my apologies.  I have been deeply engrossed in studying for a few very important safety exams.  They consume a tremendous amount of time.  The fear of failure is tremendous.  I am looking forward to the next chapter of my career in safety.  Admittedly, I struggled to study and pass the (ASP) Associate Safety Profession by the end of August.  The safety material was not easy and required a specific type of study content in order to pass the exam.  After discovering my original study material didn't work out, I chose to use BCSP ExamCore tutorials.  BCSP is the same company that generates the exam and provides the certifications within the safety industry.  The study material contains at least 100 video tutorials, 50 practice study questions, and the 200 mock exam.  I completed the video tutorials and religiously went through the practice study questions.  Once a week, I would do the mock exam to check my score.  Once you get a score higher than 80, it is recommended to go sit for the exam.  Once I passed the ASP, I shifted gears and started the (CSP) Certified Safety Professional ExamCore study tutorial.

I was required to go through all of the videos and then rigorously go through all of the 50 practice questions until the content was seared into my mind.  Once I got a high 70 score on the mock exam, I set up the CSP exam.  By mid-November, I passed the exam and immediately switched gears to start studying for the NYC DOB Site Safety Manager exam.  For the month of October, I had to sit in the 40 Hour Site Safety Manager course.  I also had to re-take the OSHA 30 and another 30+ hours of required course work that must be taken prior to applying for the site safety manager license.  I had to receive the SST card via using the DOB course curriculum guidelines.  Thank goodness for my union since they supplied the majority of the required courses in order to meet this educational requirement.

The pile of paperwork and hoops required to apply for the Site Safety Manager license is a lot.  The paperwork is available online to download.  I found out, after printing the paperwork, that it is required to type write out the forms.  The exam is the first step at a cost of $525- money order ONLY along with the notarized form.  I received an email from the DOB two weeks after submission for the exam invitation.  I am scheduled to sit for the exam next Monday Dec 21st.  I pray that I pass the exam the first time around.  I am unsure if there is a waiting period in the event that I fail.  I need to have my mound of paperwork notarized and ready to go for the appointment once I pass the exam.  I can work anywhere in the country as a Site Safety Manager which is great.  My current plan is to remain as the Safety Manager for my WBE electrical contractor here in NYC.  It is less stressful than being a project manager.  

Ever since the 2008 recession, I felt like I was in a tiny employment box with my electrician skill set.  It pleases me that I have developed more education and opportunities since that time frame.  It is super important to me that I never again endure more than a year of unemployment until I retire.  I believe that I endured a total of about 3-4 years of no unemployment as a result of the 2008 recession.  The best things in life are learning from past harsh life lessons and working to not repeat them in the future.

I have been studying via recording while reading aloud and posting my study content onto YouTube.  I currently have over 20 site safety manager study videos on YouTube.  Check out a sample of my amateur site safety manager study guide videos on YouTube (I need to learn how to get into editing):

https://youtu.be/E9nNKqvIxdw

I have been repeatedly playing it back to myself.  I noticed there is not much currently available on YouTube- as far as available study material.  I was hoping to find someone's site safety manager study material; I yielded no results.  Perhaps that is a niche of unique content that I can get into deeper at some point on YouTube.  Why not work to provide a roadmap to other folks attempting to dive into this safety study journey?  I know the holidays are around the corner and I need to market my book.  I have been slacking on my book marketing.  I need to get my children's book, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls", finished and onto Amazon too.  It is something that I have on the back burner.  The next goal is to work on my own illustrations and produce some more children's book under the "girl power" theme.

It is time to go back to my studying and work on passing and smashing that exam next Monday.  I must score above 70% on 80 questions for a 3 hour time frame.  Wish me luck and speak with you all soon.


Cheers!

Leslie M. Jasper

#ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #DOB #studymaterial #sitesafetymanager #exam #Womaninthetrades #gohardorgohome #Amazon #Audible #BarnesandNoble #iTunes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPANDED FURTHER-Advice On Picking Up Romantic Cues From A Shy Person

WORKING WITH A CHAUVENIST PIG (Chapter Clip)

The Dynamics Between The General Contractor and Different Trades