Advice: Delayed Retirement & Being Brave Without Fear

Photo Credit: leslie_m_jasper on Tik Tok Hello Everyone! Hooray for Monday my friend!!!! You know that I'm absolutely kidding with that proclamation right!? Let's just power through this work week and plan on enjoying that downtime for next weekend. It's good to always be forward thinking! :P If you have to work on the weekends, I'm rooting for you since I respect the hustle. Hopefully, my content helps you to pass the time along while you are either chilling at home or grinding it out at work. Let me know where you are in the world if you are either working or lounging while reading my content? Your favorite construction chick pal is sharing with you my scheduled Amazon promotions for both of my books. My first children's book entitled, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls" will be available from August 22nd to the 29th at reduced prices. Additionally, my first adult e-book entitled, "Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician" will be also involved in the Kindle Countdown Deal from August 11th to the 18th in the U.S. and U.K. markets. Only the e-books versions will be available at a reduced price during the Kindle Countdown Deal. Let me know what Amazon market that you are in and I will work on a promotion in your region once I'm eligible to do so? Don't forget to check out my latest Tik Tok videos that are now published and available on YouTube. For this blog post, I'm offering another duel dose of Quora advice. One question is new and the other one is an old response. I opted to dig in my Quora profile and find an older topic to bring out for you to read. As of today, I have had over 81K visits to my Quora profile. For the first question and response, the topic is on IBEW union members who are waiting to retire until they reach 65-years old. The acronym IBEW stands for International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. I have been an IBEW union member since the end of 1995. I am sharing what I know on that subject down below. For the second question and response, this topic is on the meaning of the phrase, “one cannot be brave without having fear”. I'm taking a stab at my interpretation down below. What are your thoughts on these two chosen topics? Go ahead and offer that two cents down in the comment section below. Go ahead and read each question and matching response down below to get my feedback: POSED QUESTION #1: "Do you often see ibew follow workers still working in their 60s, waiting to turn 65?" By: Absolutely no One MY RESPONSE #1: "Well, the retirement ages have changed dramatically since I first became an apprentice back in 1995. There are various reasons as to why guys either retire or continue working to age 65-years and up. Some IBEW Local #3 workers choose to stay in New York with their families. Due to the high cost of living, many stay past the age of 65-years. I worked on a deck job with a guy who was 72-years old who could barely move. I did my best to be as helpful as possible. On that same job, a group of masons were all at least 70-years old. Each one of them was lingering due to getting wiped out after a divorce. Divorce is another huge factor for consideration when retiring since the ex-spouse receives half a pension credit for every year married. Approximately 25-years ago, the average worker retired between 55–60-years old. The retirement age requirements have increased, over the years, to at least 62-years old. I joined the union at 20-years old. For many of us in the same boat, we cannot earn more than 40 pension credits. Therefore, we should be able to retire at 60-years old since we cannot earn any more pension credits. According to my union paperwork, I would not be able to draw full retirement on my international pension until I hit 63-years old. We have a pension credit that partially comes from our local union and international headquarters. By the time I hit that age, I’m sure the age requirement will increase within the next 15-years when I’m looking to retire. I’m sure that the younger generations behind me will be working for even more years than what I’m required to do in order to get full retirement benefits. I believe that I have to work until age 67-years old in order to get full Social Security benefits. Union workers need a strong game plan in order to be able to retire earlier at a reduced amount. Obviously, this can be also be said for the average citizen not in the union as well. The key part is living in a state with no state income tax, reduced property tax, and having your home mortgage paid off. When you don’t have a mortgage and live in a region where the costs of living is much cheaper, you can then retire with some form of peace of mind. Many coworkers choose to move to states such as North Carolina and Florida. Many people do not plan properly and choose to live beyond their means while working. This type of spending behavior forces them to have to work even longer. Retirement requires a tremendous amount of saving while working. Not properly saving for retirement requires people to work way longer than the pension age requirements. Saving for retirement is a scary thought that many people choose to not even consider. Many people die before even reaching retirement age. When you asked about the IBEW following workers, the only thing that they require is that you do not work as an electrician once you retire. You can work part time in a non-electrical role. If that rule is broken, then you can be subjected to possibly losing your earned pension credits. You have to make sure that you pay your dues every 6-months in order to preserve the pension credits that were earned. The average worker feels like the union wants you to keep working until you drop dead. The American dream is to keep working until you die. It appears that other countries treat their elders better in regards to taking care of them in their golden years. Despite some of those negative thoughts on the retirement plan, having a job with a pension is better than not having it. May you plan your retirement properly and enjoy your golden years when they come. #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" By: Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/Do-you-often-see-ibew-follow-workers-still-working-in-their-60s-waiting-to-turn-65/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 POSED QUESTION #2: "What does it mean when someone says, “One cannot be brave without having fear”?" By: Richard Strachan MY RESPONSE #2: "I have heard the phrase in passing yet I didn’t contemplate about it until now. The author’s name kicking around the internet is Marissa Meyer. Other than that, there is not much to draw from as the origin from the original author. What comes to mind when I hear this phrase is the “chicken or the egg” theory. In order to require courage, you need to be getting past some fear hurdles. Why else would you need to be brave? You are having to be brave in spite of having fear. Does being brave come first with the intent of navigating unknown fear? Is the fear first to where brave comes in later in an effort to counteract it? If you are not being brave, what else would be able to come in place to counteract fear? I’m not sure if being a scared coward is an effective tool for combating fear (sarcasm). If anything, you are fully giving into the main objective. It is something to think about for sure. I thank you for bringing it to my attention to ponder. I wish you much success on your life journey. #ConstructionTales #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #VerballyDisastrous" By: Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-when-someone-says-One-cannot-be-brave-without-having-fear/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3 I thank you for jumping onto my blog lily pad to review my content today. Go ahead and follow me at leslie_m_jasper on Tik Tok or Verbally Disastrous on YouTube. Share your feedback on my content down in the comment section at the bottom of the blog post. If you appreciate listening to podcasts, I encourage you to review my last (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. My last short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, let me know your thoughts? Feel free to go ahead and check out the many links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. I need to go back to walking the jobsite and making sure that crews are all working safely today. It's now time to go back to finishing up your Monday chores and start thinking about how you plan to spend your free time in the evenings after work. We all could use some balance in our lives. Have yourself a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #49: Just Released Not All Girls Play With Dolls!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/go1FdOI5eYY Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #50: My First 7 Weeks As A Site Safety Manager on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_DKA-q72dNw I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #womenempowerment, #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF22 #LBF22 #BEA22 #IKBF22 #KLF22 #HKTDC22 #GBF22 #IIBF22 #LATFOB22 #SIBF22 #FILBO22 #EIBF22 #BAIBF22 #MIBF22 #BIDLDSP22 #BS22 #BBF22 #HIBF22 #IBTAF22 #IBBF22 #ITEF22 #JLF22 #JIBF22 #LBF22 #NDWBF22 #TiBE22 #TIBF22 #BCBF22 #LIVREPARIS22 #SDLDM22 #HBF22 #FIL22 #IIBF22 #SBF22 #BuchWein22 #VIBF22 #ADIBF22 #AIPF22 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPANDED FURTHER-Advice On Picking Up Romantic Cues From A Shy Person

Sharing The Newest Local Laws For NYC DOB

Studying for the NYC DOB Site Safety Manager Exam